We hope you all had a lovely Christmas and New Year! We are now into our Spring term and our topic this half term is ‘Superheroes and People who Help Us’. We have many fun activities planned such as a superhero obstacle course, making Spriderman and Hulk hands and exploring hospitals, police and the fire brigade through sensory stories. Our cookery sessions for Spring term will be focused on making sandwiches with different fillings. We will be continuing with our self-help skills by refining the skills needed for teeth brushing and developing our social skills through messy play sessions. These activities work on core social skills such as parallel play, sharing and turn taking with a variety of fun (and messy) activities. As always, our EHCP targets remain to be worked on during the course of the year and are embedded into our English and Maths TEACCH tasks, afternoon sessions and daily routines.
There are a few additional things to look out for and look forward to this term:
- Swimming will continue to be on Monday afternoons.
- PE will continue to be on Tuesday mornings.
- Horse riding will commence every Wednesday morning starting 17.1.18 (the stables had to cancel 10.1.18). Please provide wellies and warm clothes for these sessions as it can be cold and muddy and legs must be covered. Hats and riding boots for when we are on the horses are provided.
- Behaviour plans- please sign and return these to school.
- Parents evening will be on 20.2.18 and letters will be going home shortly. The format for Spring parents evening is more formal with a 15 minute time slot per child.
Thank you so much for your continued support and for those who have shared some of your fun adventures with us on Tapestry- we really enjoy seeing these. We look forward to sharing the fun we have had this term with you all soon. As always, please get in touch if there is anything you wish to discuss via the diary, email, telephone or to arrange a meeting.
Nikki and the Wrens Team